Black Dahlia Lacquer
Clear Long Wear Peel Off Base Coat
Peel Off Base Coat is a clear, latex free base coat that makes polish removal easier than ever! Use one coat of peel off base coat, and then do your mani as usual. Simply peel off with an orangewood stick or cuticle pusher when you're ready to remove your polish.
- Ensure you let your peel off base coat FULLY dry before applying nail polish. This can take up to 10 minutes.
- One thin even coat works best.
- If needed, you can lightly buff your nails before applying the base coat. This will help extend your manicure's wear time while still maintaining easy removal.
- If you have trouble achieving thin coats, try wiping the product off the bristles with a paper towel. Then try again with less product on the brush.
- Oil your cuticles prior to removing your mani. This will help soften the polish and make peeling the polish off easier.
- If you want perfect ‘peelies’ we recommend waiting 12-24 hours before removing your mani. This gives your nail polish time to fully cure and makes removing polish in one piece much easier.
This is the first time I've tried a peel of basecoat, and I'm so glad I did! It's very different from a traditional base coat,it goes on really thin and dries more slowly. I find I get no damage at all to the nail bed when I peel it off, which was my main concern. I got this to change my polish regularly without needing a bunch of remover, so I haven't trialed it for wear time. I'm hard on my nails tho and it's survived 3 days at least.
I adore this peely base coat! It lasts at least 3-5 days, as long as you don’t soak your hands in water (i.e. doing dishes by hand). It would probably last longer but I’ve never gone longer than five days without changing my polish! It does take the full ten minutes to dry before you can apply polish, but the long-wearing results are worth it to me. (It does not work, however, it you use any other nail product, such as a nail treatment, underneath.) I loved it so much I ordered three more bottles just to make sure I don’t run out!
I've been using other peel of base coats for years, and the ones that work best for me are Holo Taco Peely Base and UNT Ready For Takeoff - Black Dahlia's peel off base coats work just as well as both of these, for a fraction of the price, so I'm quite happy with them. I did take off one star for two reasons: one, the brushes are a bit stiff and most of them a bit wonky, so they are hard to work with, and I did swap out them out for another brush on the bottle I'm currently using and will continue to do so as I move on to other bottles; and two, because the dry time is noticeably longer than any other peel off base coat I've ever tried (possibly because the formula is thicker than the ones I normally use?). Neither of these things are deal breakers for me especially considering the price, but they are things to remember for me, as the dry time especially means I can't use them when I'm in a hurry.
Also just to note, if your peel off base coat (especially the scented ones) arrive cloudy or turn cloudy after sitting for a while, don't worry about it! They still work perfectly.
Excellent product! I am on day 8 of my mani and still stuck on well. Love that it sticks and then releases when I want it to.
Went through and tried 8 different Peel off base coats- THIS IS AMAZING!!! I put 2 thin coats on...NEVER had a pop off. Can remove in 3 days but have worn manis for 7 days or more without any issues. COMES OFF WHEN I WANT & NOT BEFORE which is so important !!!! I AM SO HAPPY about this!!!!! Worth every penny as I purchased 3 bottles and will always come back for more when I need:)