Black Dahlia Lacquer
Scented Peel Off Base Coat | New in 8 Scents
Our Scented Peel Off Base Coat features our typical Peel Off Base formula with the addition of a scent of your choice. Our Peel Off Base Coat is scented with only therapeutic grade essential oils. We never use fragrance oil or fillers.
- Ensure you let your peel off base coat FULLY dry before applying nail polish. This can take up to 10 minutes.
- One thin even coat works best.
- If needed, you can lightly buff your nails before applying the base coat. This will help extend your manicure's wear time while still maintaining easy removal.
- If you have trouble achieving thin coats, try wiping the product off the bristles with a paper towel. Then try again with less product on the brush.
- Oil your cuticles prior to removing your mani. This will help soften the polish and make peeling the polish off easier.
- If you want perfect ‘peelies’ we recommend waiting 12-24 hours before removing your mani. This gives your nail polish time to fully cure and makes removing polish in one piece much easier.
For the scented peel off base coats, I got coconut, watermelon, and peppermint. They all smell delightful! I only wish that I could smell them after applying other polish on top, but of course I knew before purchasing that I wouldn't be able to. I've been using other peel of base coats for years, and the ones that work best for me are Holo Taco Peely Base and UNT Ready For Takeoff - Black Dahlia's peel off base coats work just as well as both of these, for a fraction of the price, so I'm quite happy with them. I did take off one star for two reasons: one, the brushes are a bit stiff and most of them a bit wonky, so they are hard to work with, and I did swap out them out for another brush on the bottle I'm currently using and will continue to do so as I move on to other bottles; and two, because the dry time is noticeably longer than any other peel off base coat I've ever tried (possibly because the formula is thicker than the ones I normally use?). Neither of these things are deal breakers for me especially considering the price, but they are things to remember for me, as the dry time especially means I can't use them when I'm in a hurry.
Also just to note, if your peel off base coat (especially the scented ones) arrive cloudy or turn cloudy after sitting for a while, don't worry about it! They still work perfectly.
The scented peel off base delivers a nice adhesion and then releases when you want it to. Great product.